They Said YES!

This last week has been very exciting as I prepped to pop the question to my bridesmaids! I scoured the internet for the best way to ask, and of course, used my love of DIY to create little gifts for each of them and learned some calligraphy along the way. I posted last week about a "special delivery" of cookies from Elly's Sweet Tooth, they were a perfect addition to the boxes I put together.

Bridesmaid Box


 

I couldn't ask for better bridesmaids. I'm so lucky to have these girls in my life and looking forward to having them by my side on the big day. The group is a mix of family and friends, but all of them have played a big part in the girl I am today. They are fun, loving, creative, and supportive...I see a crazy good year in the making!

They are going to be there when I say "I do," but this time it was my turn to propose!

Introducing my bridal party..

Maid of Honor
Marissa is my sister and Maid of Honor! She currently attends UCSB and can tell you everything you need to know about EDM (electronic dance music). She gave me EDM 101 one time to get me up to speed. She also likes long walks on the beach.


Bridesmaid
Jeanette is my oldest cousin on my mom's side of the family. She has been the older sister I have never had and someone I looked up to all these years. She is a wealth of knowledge and the proud parent of 5 pets (3 doggies, 2 cats)! She can also tell you anything you would like to know about Harry Potter, Twilight, etc..

Bridesmaid
Alexis is the extra sister I got when Marissa was born..well kinda. She and Marissa were born on the same day (seriously, you can't even plan that) and since our moms are close sisters, we've spent a lot of time with each other over the years. Ask her about Kim K.'s engagement, she was pretty much there. 

Bridesmaid
Katelyn is my AOII sorority sister and college roomie for 3 years. My freshman year, our whole sorority went to a sisterhood retreat at Disneyland. Katelyn and I went in as acquaintances and left as best friends. It's a magical place I tell ya! She's actually a Disney fanatic and looks great in blue.

Bridesmaid
Skylar and I built our relationship at Victoria's Secret. That would be normally unusual, but in our case, we both worked there. She is still one of their fearless leaders, while I sadly left to pursue a different career. Then a few months later, we couldn't stand to be away from each other, so we moved in together! We are our eachother's talented hairdressers in our kitchen..where we play kitchen beautician! She is also kind of like a real life Snow White. Just look at her..

Bridesmaid
Heather was my college roomie turned AOII sister. We accidentally became roommates sophomore year when campus housing screwed up my roommates preferences, but I guess they didn't do so bad after all. That quarter Heather became my AOII sister! Then we continued living together for the rest of our college careers. She is now jet-setting across America as a rep for AOII nationals. What a life! She was even featured in a hunting magazine for hunting in gold ballet slippers!

Flower Girl
Emma is my adorable soon-to-be niece! She is the cutest cheerleader and I asked her to be my flower girl only if she could CHEER me down the aisle. She loves to jump on the trampoline at her Nana's house, and I gladly join whenever she asks....because I also love trampolines!


Flower Girl
Annalyse is my little BFF, baker, and expert Candyland game player. Aside from those redeeming qualities, she is also my cousin. She is a ball of fun and actually requested to by my flower girl before I even asked her. Needless to say, she was very confident I would say yes.